Research from Plos One indicates that strawberries can protect stomach lining that has been damaged by alcohol. The berries can also slow down the formation of ulcers and reduce the chances of other gastric illnesses.
This is great and everything, but unfortunately strawberries still don't help you get rid of hangovers (or even prevent you from getting wasted). So go ahead and pace yourself with those strawberries and champagne as you watch Pretty Woman.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record