AMC Loews Uptown 1
3426 Connecticut Ave NW (at Ordway St NW)
Washington, DC 20008
- Sneaking in minis adds half a star to the review of any movie you see.
- Side entrances help avoid exiting crowds
- Residents of Cleveland Park take tremendous pride in their local movie theater (with good reason!), it's the city's only remaining movie palace-- Green Guide Editor
- The best theater in town.
- One of the best movie experiences you'll have in DC! HUGE screen, tons of people, & typically the best movies!
- Larger screen than the fake 'digital' IMAX screens you'll find at multiplexes
- The biggest non iMax screen in DC
- loved it! go off-peak hours to find parking.
- One of the best theaters in town! Balcony seating!!
- Best place to see a movie in DC, hands down.
- Literally the best theater based on seating. I kinda wish they'd step it up with the concession stand because the pretzel bites were all kinds of stale and they don't have a lot of food options.
- Love the balcony.
- Saw a tip lamenting that it only has one screen. One big honking screen is exactly what makes it so great.
- It's one big screen. 3-D doesn't look great on it.
- Epic balcony with lots of seating.
- Old Hollywood glamour in the modern day. Great for dates. You can spend all day just looking at the decore.
- Balcony is best. Speakers are a little loud up there, but very good viewing section near the railing.
- Hunger Games Mockingjay. Great theater even if lacks of animation.
- Get there more than 30 min ahead of time to get the front row of upper deck on weekend nights.
- One of the coolest theaters with a lot of history. The only drawback is there's only one screen.