AMC Empire 25
Movie Theater, Cineplex
- IMAX is fake here -- if you're gonna pay extra, Lincoln Square is the only true IMAX venue in Manhattan
- PHOTO: Former President Jimmy Carter takes a stroll with his wife outside in 1984, but doesn't come in for a movie. You'll see why, at the link!
- The lobby of this luxurious, five-level theater has been built inside the shell of the old Empire Theater. Look up at the murals on the ceiling as you walk inside.
- Avoid the "IMAX" screen. You're better off going to Lincoln Square.
- Don't think u just gonna run to da concession stand to get a quick drink or snack minutes before ur Movie.. Cuz the service is slower than a muthafucka
- staff doesn't clean up after each movie. theaters are left looking and smelling nasty
- Huge screens, plays indie and foreign movies, scrumptious concessions, clean bathrooms, booming sound, and comfy seats. This theater is a movie-lover's paradise.
- Love the dyson hand dryers!
- The concession people are morons. Sneak snacks in people!
- Ginormous theater that still manages to feel overly crowded. Make sure you get there early as it might be a trek to get to your theater.
- With Coke Zero on tap, you can't go wrong. Once you get some, tweet @cokezero and let us know what you're seeing and how the Zero went down.
- seems like the higher the floor, the more high brow the movie.
- Worst IMAX theater of the city. Lincoln Center is the only true certified IMAX theater of the city.
- IMAX is awful... head to Lincoln Square instead
- I HATE Times Square but this is a decent theater.
- If you're looking for good, non-touristy, pre or post game, 9th ave. Is only a block away. Head up towards the 50's & you'll fimd tons of bars & good grub.
- 25 screens, good seats.
- Elysium is an amazingly good movie with incredible effects. A must see!
- The number of broken escalators at this theater is impressive, I wasn't even mad!
- Half price before 12