Allman Brothers Band Museum
- Friendly staff and excellent exhibits, a must visit if you're in Macon!
- The museum was home to the band from 1970-73. The first floor houses band memorabilia, while the second floor is set up as it was when the band lived there. To learn more check out this C-SPAN video.
- Part of Macon's History
- Home to "Layla", Duane Allman's '57 Les Paul Goldtop. He played it on the original versions of Whipping Post, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, Midnight Rider, Revival & some Layla sessions!
- Must see if you are a Allman Brothers or Southern Rock Fan.
- Spend lots of time, so much to take in.
- Maybe you'll be greeted by "Wiggles". Gregarious personality....and if you ask him to take your photo....he's quite the photog! Enjoy every room!
- Such a jewel and so much memorabilia!!