The Alabama Theatre
Theater, Concert Hall, Movie Theater
1817 3rd Ave N (at 18th St. N)
Birmingham, AL 35203
- The Alabama Theatre was built in 1927 by Paramount Studios as an Alabama showcase for Paramount films. In 1988, the Alabama Theater was completely renovated to restore to its grandeur.
- Excellent venue--it feels like you are stepping back in time! And to top ot off you can't beat the concession prices!
- Beautiful facility with so much history. The staff is very helpful and friendly as well.
- This place is amazing!
- The silent version of The Phantom of the Opera with the Mighty Wurlitzer at Halloween is a must see. Just like stepping back into history.
- The two middle lines at the bar are often ignored. Bypass the poor folks in the outside lines.
- The Christmas movie showings are becoming quite the popular holiday tradition
- Be sure to visit during Christmastime as the theatre hosts its annual 'Holiday Film Series'. But show up early - seats fill up quickly.
- 2nd Sunday of every month they have open mic poetry. Starts at 7
- The venue was fantastic for the NEEDTOBREATHE concert on September 11th and the music was stellar! One of the best concert experiences I've ever had.
- Everything is better here, concerts, plays or any show. Great ambience with old school charm from the theater to the lobby. So much history! It's like stepping back in time.
- Beautiful facility with great entertainment.
- Pretty place for a HS graduation.
- Make sure you come to the bar across the street afterwards!!! Legends Sports Lounge.....