AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center
Indie Movies, Movie Theater
- Out of consideration for the dozens of people in line, please don't gather just outside the theater door to loudly discuss the ending of the movie.
- The original Silver Theatre was designed by John Eberson and constructed in 1938. Restoration and expansion were completed in 2003.
- If you prefer Bergman over blockbusters, this is the place for you. With a variety of festivals, classic film retrospectives, and innovative educational programming, its one of our favorite big scree
- Huge, ornate theater with tons of room at the seats, great movies. Go see an indie flick and grab a beer.
- Make plans to view the screenings of the 48 Hour Film Project each year, a competition for do-it-yourself filmmakers.
- Thinking Sundance, not sequels? AFI Silver's your best bet. A real learning experience. And DC Caribbean FilmFest has been hosted here for the past few years - during Caribbean Heritage Month in June.
- Like most other theaters, concessions is way overpriced. At $1.75 + $4 a cup of tea and small popcorn is the cheapest "meal deal" and satisfies my need to accompany movie viewing w. noshing.
- THE place to see documentaries. Here to "Mine" about the misplaced pets after Hurricane Katrina.
- Went to "The Young Victoria" with friends. Good take on Queen Victoria.
- the girl with the dragon tattoo...they have good movies and great appearances...michael moore was there not too long ago
- Don't miss seeing a movie here with a good beer & really good popcorn! It's the only theater popcorn I'll eat.
- Take a good look at the theater, it's beautiful.
- Awesome place for awesome movies.
- a serious manit was really great
- Silver Spring's best-kept secret. Check 'em out for some great festivals & films you probably won't find anywhere other than Netflix. Parking's really easy too.
- Why not have a beer with your movie?
- Awesome place with lots of old people who smell nice.
- Check out some of the 80s movies during their popular summer series.
- become an AFI member and get discounts all year
- Great Movie theather lots of fun to visit and view!