Italian, Cajun / Creole
611 Frenchmen St
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Seafood & sauces in a dark and tiny dining room above a dive bar on Frenchmen. Doesnt take reservations & is cash only. Service sometimes sucks. But this place is still awesome. [Eater 38 Member]
- Worst service I've ever encountered. Waited two hours only to be turned away? Amateur move by an amateur owner - way to treat your clients. These guys are chumps.
- This place sucks. They'll leave you on a waiting list, saying the wait is an hour, and 2 hours later tell you they won't seat you. The Manager acted like a rookie, and treated customers like crap.
- Just get anything with the Ocean sauce
- The Peppercorn + Rum sauce is fantastic. Get it on the Steak Manney, rare. Also, don't purchase any of the artwork as it mostly consists of Fleur De Lis' fighting alligators to jazz.
- Veal with Ocean Sauce. Amazing.
- Well worth the wait! Anything with crab was delicious - eggplant with crabmeat and capers, cannelloni with crabmeat and corn, fish with ocean sauce. One of the best meals in NOla!
- Absolutely amazing!! Service is so bad you will almost leave, but the food is so good it is criminal. Put you name on the list and head down the street for some good music then prepare yourself..
- The wait is usually longer than they suggest, but the food is so good it's worth the wait. Don't bother with an appetiser, you won't need it
- Get the pasta side over the salad! You'll need it after that long wait for a table!
- Waited two hours after being told it would be a one hour wait. When we finally thought our reservation was ready, we were told the chef/owner no longer wanted to cook. Definitely heading elsewhere.
- Tasteless lamb, and the canelloni that my partner got had so much black pepper that they tasted of nothing else. Rip-off, avoid.
- Adolfo's Drive Thru- Hurry up & wait, hurry up & order, hurry up & eat, hurry up & leave. That is their credo. Pushy, rude, brash waitstaff...No wonder it's 90% TOURISTS & 10% LOCALS.
- Over rated as hell. Bread was spicy and I had the shrimp Alfredo which I've had much better at many other places. Kind of a dirty spot as well.
- Veal Ocean with spaghetti or anything with their Ocean Sauce. Get the cannelloni filled with crabmeat and corn for an appetizer or the mussels.
- Crab And corn cannelloni absolutely ridiculously fantastic
- The chicken Vincent is the bomb!
- The absolute worst service I have ever had. The food was great though- but super rich. Share a meal and a app.
- Terrible. Stay away. Everything is smothered in "Ocean Sauce." can't see why this place gets such favorable reviews.
- Best authentic northern Italian restuarant in NOLA.