Academy of Music
Opera House, Theater, Performing Arts
300 S Broad St (at Locust St)
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Every year on the day after Labor Day, the 1857 five-ton chandelier drifts slowly down from 90 ft in the air to float above the audiences seats. For the next 4 days, it is carefully cleaned.
- Obviously, parquet seating is best. Unfortunately, the theater (as beautiful as it is) is full of columns that will block your view
- Want to get a closer look? They now offer free tours of the Academy. Ask the Kimmel center box office for more info
- Constructed in 1857 and known as the Grand Old Lady of Broad Street, this historic arts site is home to the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Opera Company of Philadelphia.
- Les Miserables
- Bars are cash-only!
- Went to see the nutcracker here. Sat on the side of the family circle. Seats were horrendous. We only saw the shadows of the performers. Stay away from these seats!
- The fifth Republican National convention, which unanimously nominated incumbent President Ulysses S. Grant, was held June 56, 1872 at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia.
- The obstructed-view seats aren't so bad if you need a last-minute ticket.
- Romeo& Juliet is going to be Fabulous!!!!!
- Fabulous shows and beautiful historic venue. Painful cramped seating.
- Saw the phantom of the opera....WOW
- Wicked!!!!! Amazing show!!
- Wicked was spectacular and the theater is great! More ladies rooms are needed!
- Wicked awesome!
- Gorgeous theater
- Peter Pan with Pennsylvania Ballet w/Lily, Julie, Dale
- FELA! was amazing! Then across the street to Varalli and Perch Pub. Great night!
- Great place to work
- Step in time! Step in time!