2600 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38112
- The lunch buffet is inexpensive (about $7.50 / person) and has tons of veggies and stew.
- Try their (hot) tea, it's amazing!
- Oh my god this place hurts.
- Great food.
- Lots of lentils
- If it's your first time here, try a sampler.
- Avoid the salmon gulash! It is cheap whitefish, not real salmon, and it made everyone in my party extremely sick.
- Excellent Ethiopian food, was surprised to find a place like this in Memphis
- Try something new! Try Abyssinia! The owners are awesome!!
- People complain about the food. Study Ethiopian food before you visit
- My favorite and only place (that I know of) to get Ethiopian food in Memphis. They do not serve alcohol, yet. But you can bring a bottle of wine and there is no cork fee! Amazing food every time.
- The food is yummy and it is fun to eat with your hands.
- The food here is delicious and the owners a very accommodating. If you're having trouble deciding (which I did) be sure to ask for suggestions.
- Best Ethiopian food in Memphis. Very authentic and the owners are very nice and accommodating
- A fun place to eat with your hands. Order some fresh juice, and don't be afraid to ask the owners for suggestions of the menu looks overwhelming.
- Bring at least $30 with you for dinner.