227 Church St (btwn Market & 15th St.)
San Francisco, CA 94114
- wonderful bookstore... and they have a CAT (!!) who tolerated my incessant petting.
- A great place to kill time (and money) b4 dinner. A slash on the first page means half off the cover price.
- theyre closing. last day Jan 25
- a ton of used books, but a somewhat limited selection of the newest titles if that is what youre searching for
- The best part is the cat. >^..^<
- Great collection of used books and $.75 postcards.
- Great comic selection, Owen the cat is very friendly
- The staff keep the shelves stocked with a terrific selection of contemporary and classics, cookbooks, poetry, and non-fiction, and for a store this small you'll be surprised at the selection.
- Buying and Selling books
- Messy but fun to browse and maybe pick up a cheap book.
- I'm a huge food nerd so I loved their collection of used cookbooks. Lots of contemporary things which was refreshing to see!
- Metaphysical and occult like no other! !
- When you can't get to a green Apple try this even quirkier gem on Church Street. I've preferred them for nine years.
- Great bargains here at this used bookstore! The best in the city.
- Great place to find rare books. The cat it's so funny and loves people. Prices are moderately cheap and it's a good place to buy a gift for someone that likes to read.
- Great selection - the kind of stuff you'd find on the syllabus of a good college course
- Be sure to pet Owen the cat. He is sooo sweet.
- love the orange cat- always sleeping in the window on pile o books
- My favorite bookstore in sf! Has so many different genres of books and the ginger cat is so cute!
- Wonderful neighborhood bookstore in the castro with reasonable prices and a beautiful fuzzy cat who doesn't mind being petted and annoyed