The 8th Annual Great Chefs Event to be Held June 11th
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation inspires chefs including Jonathan Waxman, Marcus Samuelsson, Marc Vetri, Tyler Florence, and Tom Colicchio to give back
Coming Up Next
If there is one amazing food event to save your pennies and splurge on, it is The Great Chefs Event, Now in its eighth year, it's being held on Tuesday, June 11 from 6pm to 9pm at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
Yes, the $350 ticket might give you sticker shock, but consider the following:
- Proceeds will go to very worthy charities: Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and The Vetri Foundation, which benefits children right here in Philadelphia. Last year, the event raised over $1 million, which the organizers hope to top this year.
- The food will be incredible. The event is co-chaired by Chef Marc Vetri, restaurateur Jeff Benjamin and James Beard Winner Chef Jeff Michaud. These bona fide Philly food celebrities will be inviting over 40 elite chefs from around the world to cook and share their food.
- Great Chefs is always a star studded affair, and this year is no different: Tom Colicchio (of NYC’s Craft and Bravo TV’s “Top Chef” fame), “A Girl and Her Pig” author and chef April Bloomfield, and Iron Chefs Jose Garces and Michael Symon will be in the house; where else can you snap a photo or strike up a conversation with one of these culinary greats?
- Over 1,200 of Philadelphia’s movers and shakers will be in attendance in a uniquely stunning location: Urban Outfitters' world headquarters on the Philadelphia waterfront.
- At the event, you can bid on amazing items in the silent and live auction, including a gastro-tour of Piedmont, Italy for six with Chef Marc Vetri. How cool would that be?
If you're convinced that the splurge will be worth it, tickets and sponsorships are now available here.