57th Street Books
- A Michelle Obama favorite, this 26-year-old bookstore, part of the Seminary Co-op Bookstores, Inc., is a visually colorful nook with a vast collection childrens and cook books
- Go in with a plan, otherwise you'll spend a lot of money!
- The spread here is pretty huge, but it has that indie bookstore touch I love so much: notes from staff with recommendations you otherwise might not have considered.
- Only thing missing here is a fire and a bottle whiskey.
- This is why you go to an independent bookstore - helpful, enthusiastic, knowledgeable staff that can give good recommendations without being pretentious. Nice layout lends itself to browsing.
- The staff recommendations here are unique and on point.
- Great selection. Knowledgeable staff
- New books table, great magazine rack, great employees and staff, if you buy a staff recommended book you get a free review copy
- Books, chairs, water fountain.
- Hey 57th Street Books, join Freebie!
- Basement bookstore with shelves the wind through the store. Every trip to this bookshop feels like an expedition!
- Great little bookstore close to U of C. Browse the kids' section too!
- Join the co-op, support books in print & save a little money too
- Staff recommendations up front are superb.
- The helpful staff here encourage browsing, and kids can play with toys set out for them in the excellent children's section. -- Green Guide Editor