4 summer restaurant promotions
Continued from page 1
Sonic Corp. is also encouraging nighttime dining with half-price shakes after 8 p.m. through the summer.
Limited-time offers on Sonic’s menu include:
• A Guacamole Dog with pepper Jack cheese, tomatoes, jalapeños and onions topped with a cheese sauce on a poppy seed bun
• Chili-Cheese Fritos Coney, a grilled beef hot dog topped with warm chili, chili cheese corn chips, shredded cheddar, onions and mustard on a bun
• Island Breeze Slush, a blend of piña colada slush and real fruit in strawberry or pineapple flavors
On Facebook, Sonic is also hosting “The Great Skeedaddle” cross-country road trip, which will send its “Two Guys” ad spokesmen on a tour of restaurants around the country.
A "Skeedaddle" application will allow fans to do their own virtual tour and enter to win $5,000 toward a real-life trip.
Sonic has more than 3,500 drive-ins in 43 states.
Barbecue is the theme of Burger King’s summer limited-time offers, which include a Memphis-style pulled pork sandwich, Whoppers with regional flavors, and bacon ice cream sundaes.
The new, limited-time summer offerings include:
• A Memphis Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich with Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet n’ Spicy BBQ sauce, onions, Sweet Southern dressing and a toasted artisanal roll
• A Carolina BBQ Whopper or the Carolina BBQ Chicken sandwich, topped with pepper jack cheese, bacon, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, Sweet Southern dressing and Bull’s-Eye Carolina-Style BBQ sauce on a sesame seed bun
• The Texas BBQ Whopper or Texas BBQ Chicken sandwich, topped with American cheese, jalapeno slices, onion, tomato, lettuce and Bulls-Eye Texas-Style BBQ sauce on an artisanal bun
The summer menu also includes frozen lemonade in lemon and strawberry flavors, sweet potato fries and a Bacon Sundae. The sundae has vanilla soft-serve topped with hot fudge and caramel sauces, as well as bacon crumbles, and is garnished with a thick-cut slab of hardwood-smoked bacon.
Burger King has more than 12,500 locations worldwide.