1. Having to answer the question: “Where do you get your protein?”
2. Having to answer the question: “So what do you eat, grass?”
3. Sometimes feeling like I ate grass.
4. Having to explain what soy is to people.
5. Never knowing exactly what soy is.
6. Going to cookouts. I’ll have a hamburger, hold the meat?
7. Going to BBQ restaurants. Is barbequing vegetables a thing?
8. Never having burgers.
9. Pretending to like veggie burgers.
10. Never having chicken.
11. Never having Chick-Fil-A.
12. Having to awkwardly decline meals with meat in them. I’m sure that steak is amazing but…
13. Having an Italian grandmother. Nope, I still cannot have the brisket, Mimi.
14. People believing I’d eat meat if I was drunk enough.
15. Being asked if I was a member of PETA. I still don’t know what the acronym stands for?
16. Being jokingly told that I couldn’t eat animal crackers. Haha. This has gone too far.
17. Having to pick meat out of restaurant meals. I told you to HOLD the bacon.
18. Not eating bacon.
19. Okay I still hate bacon, but not having the option bugged me.
20. Starring at a stranger who’s eating a burger and thinking to myself, “why am I a vegetarian?”
More Good Stuff Here:
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: