1,000 Points of Wine
Next Saturday afternoon, a few lucky people who each pony up $500 will get to taste something few people have tried at one sitting — 10 wines that each scored a perfect 100 points on the rating sheet of someone important.
It’s part of the first annual MidAtlantic Food + Wine Feast in Wilmington, Del., a non-profit, four-day culinary event to benefit the Delaware Theater Company.
The tasting will be held at the Hotel du Pont from 3 to 5 p.m. on February 25. The 10 wines are:
- 2007 Verité La Muse
- 2007 Pierre Usseglio “Cuvee de Mon Aieul” Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- 2001 Greenock Creek “Creek Block” Shiraz
- 2004 Biondi Santi Brunello di Montalcino Reserva
- 2002 Roederer Cristal Brut Champagne
- 1994 Fonseca Vintage Port
- 2002 Quilceda Creek
- 1993 Pajzos Tokaji Essenzia
- 2000 M. Chapoutier “d’Orée” Hermitage Blanc
- 2005 Chateau Pavie