- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Xtreme Eating Awards Worst Chain Restaurant Meals
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
It seems like every year, we are reminded once again just how unhealthy restaurant meals are. This reminder comes in the form of the Center for Science in the Public Interest's Xtreme Eating "dis-honorees" list.
The finalists? Cheesecake Factory got two contenders: the bistro shrimp pasta and a crispy chicken costoletta, with 3,120 calories and 2,610 calories, respectively. The chicken, it turns out, actually has more calories than a 12-piece bucket of KFC, and more than four days' worth of saturated fat.
Other scary stats include Uno Chicago Grill's deep dish macaroni and three cheese, which contains a day's worth of calories and three days' worth of saturated fat.
But most surprising? Smoothie King's peanut power and grape smoothie (a PB&J in liquid form). Order 40-ounces of the smoothie (a supposedly "healthy" drink), and you'll get 1,460 calories and 22 teaspoons of sugar. Yum.
So there you have it. Some of the worst decisions you can make while eating out. Head on over to CNN for the full list, if only to feel a little better about that ramen you had for lunch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts