- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Wynkoop's Newest Beer: Rocky Mountain Oyster... Stout
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
While we recover from the pranks of yesterday, we couldn't help but giggle again at a beloved Denver brewery's practical joke: a Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout.
In a faux press video for the site, Wynkoop Brewing Company released a new "style" of beer that combines one of their brews with another Colorado legend, bull testicles, aka Rocky Mountain oysters. With a straight face, a brewmaster said (while holding a real bull testicle — that takes guts), "Fried bull testicles, or Rocky Mountain oysters, are a Colorado favorite... This makes them the perfect ingredient to showcase a new style of beer we created which really pays tribute to one of Colorado's culinary jewels."
From the video, it looks like the brewers really did add in bull testicles to a kettle. Now we just wonder whether they were brave enough to try their own concoction. It must have had a... nutty taste.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts