World's Most Expensive Coffee On Sale
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
How much would you spend on a cup of coffee? $3? Maybe $5 if you were in a good mood? Would you be willing to drop $30 on your wake-up beverage? Some people are.
Made from beans extracted from the excrement of Paradoxurus, the Kopi Luwak coffee is normally priced at $90 a cup, and $1,000 for a pound of beans. The small animal eats coffee cherries, which then pass through their system, virtually intact. The beans are cleaned and roasted to create this rare blend. Usually, it takes an appointment with an establishment that carries the blend to try the rare, and controversial, beverage.
The decreased price might seem like a great deal for coffee fanatics and the adventurous alike, but would you be willing to spend splurge this much on coffee?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts