- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
World's Most Expensive Coffee On Sale
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- A Perfected Kombucha Beer, the ‘Healthy Alcohol’ Will Soon Hit the Mass Market
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
How much would you spend on a cup of coffee? $3? Maybe $5 if you were in a good mood? Would you be willing to drop $30 on your wake-up beverage? Some people are.
Made from beans extracted from the excrement of Paradoxurus, the Kopi Luwak coffee is normally priced at $90 a cup, and $1,000 for a pound of beans. The small animal eats coffee cherries, which then pass through their system, virtually intact. The beans are cleaned and roasted to create this rare blend. Usually, it takes an appointment with an establishment that carries the blend to try the rare, and controversial, beverage.
The decreased price might seem like a great deal for coffee fanatics and the adventurous alike, but would you be willing to spend splurge this much on coffee?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts