The World's Hottest Vodka Will Make You Cry, Curse, and Get Sick
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We'll readily admit that when we first saw this video, we thought it was a joke. But after some research, and watching the brave souls who gave this chile pepper vodka a swig, we believe it to be true: the 100,000 Scovilles Naga Chilli Vodka is the hottest vodka in the world.
The vodka is infused with the Naga Jolokia chile, one of the hottest chiles known to man, with a Scoville rating that has been measured at over 1,000,000 units (jalapeños top out at around 5,000). (The Daily Mail reports that it's stronger than pepper sprays sold in stores: imagine taking a shot of that liquid fire.) Foodiggity found a video where several Firebox employees took it for a spin — and immediately regretted it.
If you're feeling bold, the 100,000 Scoville vodka is on sale for $63 on Firebox. Though we love a weird-flavored vodka like the rest of them, we're going to have to pass on this one.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts