- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
Woman Charged with Poisoning Starbucks' Orange Juice
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
- Neil Young Blasts Monsanto, GMOs, and Starbucks in New Music Video
Today in "Oh my god, not going to drink or eat anything ever again" news, a woman in California was charged with attempted murder after two bottles of Starbucks' orange juice were found to contain rubbing alcohol. Sure makes you rethink that front refrigerated display case, huh?
CNN reports that Ramineh Behbehanian, 50, was arrested after another customer saw her pulling out two orange juice containers from her purse and adding them to the cold display case. The store then called in firefighters and police, evacuated the store, and pulled every bottle from the display case. The store also alerted neighboring stores to be on the lookout. The good news (if you can say that) is that police said they had no reason to believe that there were any further threats of tainted juices at Starbucks.
Police did say that the bottles looked like they had been opened, and not poisoned with a syringe — so do be looking at which bottle you're picking up.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts