Wolfgang Puck Dishes on His Academy Awards Menu
The Spago chef discusses changes to his usual Oscars routine
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Wolfgang Puck has already revealed the menu for his annual dinner at the Academy Awards’ Governors Ball, but since this year is going to be so different than years past, we caught up with the chef to get the full scoop behind the changes.
"We changed the Academy Awards completely," Puck said. "Before, the Academy Awards' dinner, the Governors Ball dinner, was always a black-tie, sit-down, very serious dinner — it was boring! That’s not how we live today. So we have a party where we’re going to sit on tables like that, where friends can pull up a chair. It’s going to be all small plates, so you can get a small lamb chop from Chinois with a cilantro vinaigrette or a little lobster [or] a little steak from Cut or a pizza and pasta from Spago. But it’s going to be a party instead of a black-tie dinner. It’s going to be just as good if not more interesting!"
For more from chef Puck, including details on the particularly special drink option they have this year, watch the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts