The Wines of South Africa
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The discovery of wine is one of the most compelling aspects of this business, and in fact of the whole wine enthusiast culture. The fact that there is always something new to learn, whether it be a wine, grape, region, or vineyard, means that one never actually arrives in the world of wine; we are all on some long, infinite journey.
As is often the case with these sorts of things, there is a measure of welcome reinvention. Bellbottoms come back into style — Ok, not all of these developments are welcome — but we do tend to cycle through things. Take South Africa for example, one of the world's historic wine growing regions, and certainly one with the finest pedigree; when was the last time you tried South African wine?
Don't feel bad if it's been a long time, that is hardly unusual, and during our recent Snooth PVA Wine Writer's Seminar series we took some measure to help to reintroduce the fine, exciting and dynamic wines of this historic region to a select group of some of our most eloquent wine influences. These are their stories, a fresh look at the renaissance of South African wines.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts