Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 5 extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 5 spinach
- 1 radicchio, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Here's a quick and easy appetizer for two, or a light meal for one. There are so many wilted spinach salad recipes out there which insist on using bacon, but sometimes it's nice to have something a little healthier, so I swapped out the bacon for sautéed mushrooms. Enjoy this with a glass of fruity white wine.
In a sauté pan, heat the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until it begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Immediately add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
Place the spinach in a large bowl and pour the garlic-oil mixture with the mushrooms on top. Toss until the spinach is slightly wilted and then add the radicchio, cherry tomatoes, and white wine vinegar. Toss again until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Calories per serving:32 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat, Low Sodium Fat Free, Low Fat Abs, Sugar Conscious, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.