- Oyster Day
Why Aren't Chocolate Dessert Nachos Everywhere by Now?
El Pollo Loco
El Pollo Loco
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks and Evolution Fresh Now Make Individual Fruit-on-the-Bottom Greek Yogurts
- Kraft Recalls American and White American Singles, Says Plastic Wrapper Is a Choking Hazard
- Maui, Hawaii's Grand Wailea Spa Incorporates Local Products into Relaxing Treatments
- Bananas Get Quick-Thinking Swede Out of Speeding Ticket
- The Best and Worst Products at Trader Joe’s Roundup: Part Two
Taco Bell may have launched their churro desserts, but that's probably not on the same level as El Pollo Loco's new chocolate dessert nachos — this menu item just might be up there with Doritos Locos Taco.
According to the nutrition info, these seasonal nachos consist of fried chocolate flour tortillas, topped with a chocolate fudge sauce, marshmallow cream, and powdered sugar. LA Weekly searched far and wide for these hybrid desserts, pronouncing the dish a guilty pleasure. "The chips have a nice crunch and aren't too sweet. But sugar shock enters the picture with the toppings: marshmallow 'crème' and fudge sauce (described on the TV ad as melted Mexican chocolate), generously drizzled over the chips. Then there's a sprinkling of powdered sugar," LA Weekly writes.
The whole dish is some 1,120 calories per serving, for $3.99 a plate. And while this may just be a seasonal creation, we can only imagine the possibiltiies with dessert nachos; Epic Meal Time produced some disturbingly gut-busting candy nachos, but a dusting of cinnamon and some caramelized apples? We're sold.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts