- Moldy Cheese Day
Who Eats the Most Meat in the World?
Recipe of the day
- Four Foodie Stops in Emilia-Romagna That Can’t Be Missed
- A Regional Italian Food Journey to Expo Milano 2015
- Courtyard Restaurant in Botswana is a Unique Experience in Cuisine and Culture
- Italy Throws a Great Party But Still Hasn’t Found the Solution to World Hunger
- The Waffle House Museum Will Make You Book a Flight to Georgia Immediately
If you thought Americans were meat-loving carnivores due to the obesity problem that everyone is talking about, you thought wrong.
The Economist analyzed data from the U.N. Food And Agriculture Organization, and it turns out the country that eats the most meat is Luxembourg, a country Lonely Planet describes as "too small for its full name to fit on most European maps."
According to the data, Luxembourg residents eat an average of 136.5 kg (about 300 pounds) of meat a year.
But don't fear! The United States of America ranked as number two, with residents chowing down on 125.4 kg (276 pounds) of meat a year.
The country that eats the least meat? India, whose residents consume 3.2 kg of meat on average a year.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts