Where to Get a Cupcake Fix in the Washington, D.C. Area
Recipe of the day
- D.O.M.: A Must-Have Restaurant Experience in Brazil
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
When Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City first bit into a cupcake outside of a Magnolia Bakery in New York City's Greenwich Village, she helped ignite a cupcake craze that hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. Flash forward 13 years from that famous first bite, and numerous specialty cupcake shops are ubiquitous. These 14 crave-worthy cupcake shops call the Washington, D.C. area home.
Whether indulging in the Coco Loco, a coconut chiffon cake with rum Italian buttercream and toasted shaved coconut, at Buzz Bakery in Northern Virginia, the Ginger-White Chocolate, a vanilla cupcake, infused with fresh ginger, topped with a whipped white chocolate-fresh ginger frosting and finished with white-chocolate dipped candied ginger,The Sweet Lobby in Washington, D.C., or breakfast cupcakes at Charm City Cupcakes, which ranked number seven on The Daily Meal's 50 Best Cupcakes in America list, the area offers more than a baker's dozen's worth of options.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts