- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Where to Get a Cupcake Fix in the Washington, D.C. Area
Recipe of the day
- How to Eat Off the Grid When the Apocalypse Comes
- Love Chocolate? Love Craft Beer? Book a Flight to Portland Immediately For These Delicious Treats
- Dos and Don’ts for Tea Around the World
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Bring on Your International Flight
- A Georgia Classic: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
When Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City first bit into a cupcake outside of a Magnolia Bakery in New York City's Greenwich Village, she helped ignite a cupcake craze that hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. Flash forward 13 years from that famous first bite, and numerous specialty cupcake shops are ubiquitous. These 14 crave-worthy cupcake shops call the Washington, D.C. area home.
Whether indulging in the Coco Loco, a coconut chiffon cake with rum Italian buttercream and toasted shaved coconut, at Buzz Bakery in Northern Virginia, the Ginger-White Chocolate, a vanilla cupcake, infused with fresh ginger, topped with a whipped white chocolate-fresh ginger frosting and finished with white-chocolate dipped candied ginger,The Sweet Lobby in Washington, D.C., or breakfast cupcakes at Charm City Cupcakes, which ranked number seven on The Daily Meal's 50 Best Cupcakes in America list, the area offers more than a baker's dozen's worth of options.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts