- Labor Day
Where to Eat Now in New Orleans
Peter Thriffiley Jr. of Blackened Out gives his top picks for the Big Easy
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
The staple restaurants in New Orleans haven't changed in a century. You can still sample the classic fare at restaurants like Galatoire's and Commander's Palace. But while the classics remain cornerstones — both aforementioned restaurants were on The Daily Meal's 101 Best Restaurants in America — there is always room for other new and exciting spots taking on the scene as well.
We recently caught up with Peter Thriffiley Jr., of the New Orleans restaurant site Blackened Out, to get his take on where to go when you want something new. He has suggestions across the city, including the restaurant we visited, La Boca. Thriffiley believes there are not only new restaurants, but even neighborhoods that visitors to the city often miss out on.
For all of his recommendations, watch the video above, and then thank Thriffiley later when you have the perfect itinerary for your next jaunt to the Big Easy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts