Where to Eat Now in New Orleans
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Weekend at Gurney’s
The staple restaurants in New Orleans haven't changed in a century. You can still sample the classic fare at restaurants like Galatoire's and Commander's Palace. But while the classics remain cornerstones — both aforementioned restaurants were on The Daily Meal's 101 Best Restaurants in America — there is always room for other new and exciting spots taking on the scene as well.
We recently caught up with Peter Thriffiley Jr., of the New Orleans restaurant site Blackened Out, to get his take on where to go when you want something new. He has suggestions across the city, including the restaurant we visited, La Boca. Thriffiley believes there are not only new restaurants, but even neighborhoods that visitors to the city often miss out on.
For all of his recommendations, watch the video above, and then thank Thriffiley later when you have the perfect itinerary for your next jaunt to the Big Easy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts