What Is the World's Best Champagne?
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Is it Armand de Brignac's Brut Gold? Is it Dom Perignon? Krug? Moët & Chandon? No one quite knows — at least that's what Moët Hennessey alleges in a new lawsuit against Armand de Brignac.
The New York Post reports that Moët's lawsuit is a move to stop what Moët says is false advertising from Brignac. Ads from Armand de Brignac reportedly say the brand's champagne is the number one champagne in the world. Where does that rating come from? Moët says that the rating is only for its flagship champagne, the Armand de Brignac Brut Gold (also known as the Ace of Spades). And that rating, from Fine Champagne magazine, was only for 2010. "Since then, Armand de Brignac’s Brut Gold champagne has fared much worse in that periodical’s testing, rated No. 23 in 2011 and and No. 22 in 2012," the Post quotes the court papers as saying.
Moët says that Armand de Brignac is misleading the consumers with its advertisements; either way, it's not stopping Armand de Brignac from becoming more popular. After all, it is Usain Bolt's champagne of choice.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts