What We’re Loving: Brooklyn Slate Company’s Slate Placemat
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Setting the table can be a fun experience if you want it to be — especially if you add table runners, escort cards, napkin rings, and chargers into the mix. Making each guest’s setting personalized goes a long way and adds that extra sentiment that they’ll surely appreciate.
These awesome slate placemats are fantastic for a few reasons. First, they’re dishwasher-safe. They’re also weighty, which makes them great for preventing fly-aways while dining outdoors. But our favorite part about them is definitely the fact that you can draw on them with chalk, making it fun to mark your guests' spots at the table with a simple scribble. Jot down what each person is drinking so it’s easier when it comes time to refill their glasses, or you can even play a classic game of tic-tac-toe.
After your meal is over, simply toss these in the dishwasher and it’s a clean slate for the next gathering. Four placemats come in a set and they make fantastic hostess and housewarming gifts, especially for summertime.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts