What Is Brisket?
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Brisket incites passion in people, no matter who they are or what they think brisket really is. If you love brisket, then you've got something to say about it. In fact, there was enough talk that it caught the eye of writer Stephanie Pierson who realized that if people felt this strongly about a topic, well, then there should be a book about it!
In a humorous, informative, and light-hearted style, Pierson shares her discoveries and recipes about the dish in the definitive Brisket Book: A Love Story with Recipes. Through interviews with top-notch chefs and notable authorities like Zak Pelaccio and Chris Kimball of America's Test Kitchen, she explores what brisket means to people around the country and invites us to try their recipes at home (we've secured two below to give you a sample).
As funny in person as she is in writing, we were lucky enough to have her in our office for an on-camera interview. Watch what she has to say below and please take note of the song "Brisket for Dinner" that plays in the background. (It was made for her by two-time Grammy Award nominee Michael Mark.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts