What Are America’s Worst Supermarkets?
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
What are the worst supermarkets in the country? Consumer Reports surveyed more than 24,000 American shoppers, and assembled a list of 12. Their criteria were fairly straightforward: speedy checkout, cleanliness, and the quality of perishables were the prime factors, and according to the report the biggest complaints were regarding dirtiness and crowds. Here’s the list!
12. Stop & Shop
9. Pick ‘n Save
8. Food Lion
7. Weis Markets
6. Tops Markets
4. A & P
2. Wal-Mart Supercenter
According to Latinos Post, 54 grocery store chains were considered, and were given scores from one to 100 based on the survey respondents’ answers. Pathmark, which is exclusive to the East Coast, only earned a score of 68, just inching out Wal-Mart’s 69. Both stores were cited for being very unclean, and Wal-Mart in particular was called out for having unhelpful employees. Pathmark declined to comment when contacted by The Daily Meal.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts