- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
West Virginia McDonald's Flies Flag Upside Down Post Election
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Daniel Patterson Announces Plans to Step Down as Executive Chef of Coi
- A New York City Restaurant Was Allegedly Fined for Specifically Hiring an Indian Server
- Chick-Fil-A ‘Pay It Forward’ Produces Heartwarming Results
- B&H Dairy Launches Crowdfunding Campaign to Reopen After East Village Explosion
- Andaz Maui’s Ka’ana Kitchen Offers a Bevy of Morning Options
Post-election (and Obama's very American acceptance speech) is hardly the time to yell about how the election didn't go your way (although plenty of people tried). And it looks like some folks in West Virginia are angered by a certain McDonald's, which was flying a United States of America flag at half mast, upside down, as if to mark a tragedy or a death, following Tuesday's election.
The McDonald's in Follansbee, W. Va., was called out for the upside down flag, and while individual franchises do not necessarily reflect the company's feelings, locals have been a little cross.
"I think that's a stab at us," Lou Headman, a veteran, told NEWS9. "It doesn't make sense why anyone would want to do that. That's a distress signal, and maybe they didn't know that, but we know that."
The McDonald's owner claims the flag was a mistake; the owner of that McDonald's emailed NEWS9, saying, "Unfortunately, a flag cable broke and during the process of trying the fix the flag, it was inadvertently turned upside down. It wasn't noticed that the flag was upside down until a customer inquired about it. We are working on fixing the flag right now. It's important to note that this was an accident, not intentional."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts