Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Beets add a nice, earthy balance to gin in this beet negroni recipe.
• Last year's winner of the holiday bake-off for the LA Times shares her keeflees recipe once more.
• Smoked salmon gets a fancy twist in this Brooklyn Transplant Sandwich recipe.
• Jacques Pépin's simple salmon fillets in basil sauce is a perfect entrée for a weekday dinner.
• Try this Filipino savory-sweet rice cake (bibingka) for the holidays.
• Planning a party? This pork roast with apples is perfect.
• Andrew Carmellini's red chicken recipe may take a day to prep, but it sounds like it's worth it.
Portland Press Herald
• Turnips, sweet potato, and white potato mix in this lighter latke recipe.
• Easy and gorgeous blintzes to pair with strawberries and blueberries.
• Who knew Alfredo and shiitake mushrooms went so well together?
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.