The Daily Meal is dedicated to consuming and analyzing the latest food news and trends. Every Friday, The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up some of the week's big food stories from across America.
• Obama set two back-to-back reelection fundraiser dinners at a restaurant in Brentwood, Cali. [Brentwood Patch]
• Food Network reveals lineup for new season of Iron Chef. [Eater]
• E La Carte releases electronic menu device to select restaurants in San Francisco and Boston. [Slashfood]
• L.A. Food & Wine festival to take the place of Wolfgang Puck's American Wine & Food Festival. [GSLA]
• Nathan's Famous hot dog-eating contest announces a women's competition for this year's event. [CNN]
Shame of the Week
• VegNews aplogizes for using photos of meat in past issues. [Slashfood]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.