- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Weekly Media Mix: Zabar's Lobsterless Lobster Salad; Banana Peels Purify Water; and Andy Richter Goes Noodling
Recipe of the day
The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• A Brazilian researcher claims that banana peels can be used to purify contaminated water. [NPR]
• Sam Sifton gives Boulud Sud a two-star review that reads like a three-star one. [NYT]
• The latest People Report Workforce Index reports the highest restaurant employment rates in five years. [NRN]
• Tune-in to cooking classes on Google+. [NYT]
• Budweiser forces an Argentine wine company to change their name from "Budini to "Bodini." [HuffPo]
Shame of the Week
• It appears that the lobster salad that Zabar's has been selling for 15 years contains no lobster at all. [NYT]
• The hosts of Animal Planet's Hillbilly Handfishin teach Andy Richter how to "noodle." [Conan]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts