Wedding Cake of the Day: Tim Burton Cakes
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Wedding cakes are an art form — an edible art form for that matter. And for many brides, the wedding cake is just as important as the dress and bouquet on their big day. A wedding cake is not something that is simply eaten and forgotten; it makes a statement with how good it looks, how great it tastes, and it reflects the bride and groom as a couple.
Filmmaker Tim Burton’s characters have always been an amazing influence on pop culture. So much so they are making an appearance on people’s wedding days! We found these two cakes, which depict The Nightmare Before Christmas and Frankenweenie, by Black Cherry Cake Company are the perfect combination of romantic and slightly creepy. [slideshow:
Perfect for Halloween, these three-tiered cakes have an exquisite amount of detail that really capture the artistry of the original characters.
For this and other amazing wedding cake ideas, check out the accompanying slideshow. From fairy-tale castle cakes to themed movie cakes, there's a cake for everyone.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts