- Taco Day
Wedding Cake of the Day: Geometric Style
Recipe of the day
- “Whip It” Singer Jerry Casale Criticized For Shockingly Inappropriate 9/11-Themed Wedding Complete with Twin Towers Cakes
- WATCH: This Couple Got Drunk and Made a Hilarious Video About Themselves for Their Wedding
- 13 Wedding Cake Trends Any Would-Be Bride Should Consider
- Wedding Menu Ideas for Every Bride
- What Is Engagement Chicken?
Since when is it hip to be square? Since the newest fad in wedding cakes is a cake in a geometric shape! Geometric wedding décor is the hot trend for weddings in 2013 and geo-styled wedding cakes are spreading like wildfire. Adorning your three-tiered wedding cake with colorful triangles, squares, and circles is destined to keep guests talking — long after the fondant shapes have settled in your guests' stomachs.
This turquoise, black, white, and shimmering gold fondant cake (which seems, like most geo-cakes, to be Gatsby-inspired) complemented the "modern urban wedding" photographed by Scott Michael. The wedding cake was made by My Sweet & Saucy, a company based out of Southern California. The eye-catching cake is perfectly shaped — the key to a successful geometric cake is the precision of the lines and the neatness. The little touches of gold glitter and bold graphic patterns add to the perfection and classiness of the (dare we say it?) hipster geometric wedding cake!
For more geometric-inspired wedding cakes, click here!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts