Watch the Preview for Eric Ripert's Mario Batali Show
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
While Eric Ripert's first On the Table guest, Anthony Bourdain, was a no-brainer, we've been wondering who the chef will bring in next. According to this teaser, episode two involves a lot of pasta, a Vespa, and Mario Batali.
Batali brags about being at the White House some four or five times, talks about making money in smaller restaurants, and wears his signature orange crocs. Ripert asks questions, drinks some wine, and fights about the correct stove heat level. Not quite as entertaining as the verbal sparring between Bourdain and Ripert, but (warning) Batali does use a curse word in his first line.
The full episode will be released Aug. 16, followed by episode three with Stanley Tucci. In the meantime, check out the preview below, especially as Mario Batali parks his Vespa inside the studio (not surprising, actually, since he found his Vespa wrecked outside The Chew studios back in April).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts