Watch the First Hot Dog in Outer Space
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Second-Largest Pork Distributor in America Comes Under Fire for Disturbing Animal Abuse
- Actually, That Waiter Doesn't Want You to Order Dessert
- Why Hungry People Want More Binder Clips
- Hidden Camera Catches College Student Spitting, Spraying Windex Into Roommates’ Food
- Why Do Chefs Wear Those Silly Hats?
We all heard about NASA’s rover Curiosity landing successfully on Mars during their latest mission this past Monday. But fewer were aware of an equally important space travel triumph: that of a soaring hot dog into the upper reaches of the atmosphere.
Many of us have already seen food, like this infamous sushi roll, be launched into outer space. But usually the food heads to space, never to be seen again on earth.
Not only do the guys from San Francisco-based Zog’s Dogs get the weenie into space, they manage to retrieve their hot dog once it comes plummeting back to earth.
At the end of the video, we watch as one team member takes a victory bite of the hot dog, which somehow managed to stay intact throughout its extraterrestrial journey.
In celebration of their feat, Zog’s Dog’s is launching a $5 Space Dog Combo that comes with Astronaut Ice Cream for dessert.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts