Watch the First Hot Dog in Outer Space
Recipe of the day
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
- What 'All-Natural' and 9 Other Food Labels Actually Mean
- Egg Shortage Looms Ahead As a Result of Devastating Bird Flu
- Petition Calls World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards Sexist, Self-Pleasing, and Lacking Sanitary Criteria
We all heard about NASA’s rover Curiosity landing successfully on Mars during their latest mission this past Monday. But fewer were aware of an equally important space travel triumph: that of a soaring hot dog into the upper reaches of the atmosphere.
Many of us have already seen food, like this infamous sushi roll, be launched into outer space. But usually the food heads to space, never to be seen again on earth.
Not only do the guys from San Francisco-based Zog’s Dogs get the weenie into space, they manage to retrieve their hot dog once it comes plummeting back to earth.
At the end of the video, we watch as one team member takes a victory bite of the hot dog, which somehow managed to stay intact throughout its extraterrestrial journey.
In celebration of their feat, Zog’s Dog’s is launching a $5 Space Dog Combo that comes with Astronaut Ice Cream for dessert.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts