- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Washington Dispensary Busted for Selling Pot-Laced Beer
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
Turns out pot-laced wine isn't the only medical marijuana drink to hit shelves. A Tacoma, Wash., dispensary is in hot water after being caught selling pot-laced beer.
The Liquor Control Board sent in a teenager to buy a case of the pot beer from Hashford Compassion Club, reports the New York Daily News. The police then seized several cases of the laced beer. The main issue is that the dispensary doesn't have a liquor license, reports the News Tribune. The "cannabis-enriched honey beer" was made by the co-owner, who is an avid homebrewer.
The workers at the dispensary said they weren't aware they weren't allowed to sell beer — sorry, kids. Now, the dispensary, or “nonprofit collective garden,” worries they'll be shut down. "You don't get to open the store and if you get caught selling illegal items, we just take the illegal items and you get to stay in business... That's not how it works. We'll shut you down," said Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer to the NYDN.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts