Wash Fewer Dishes: 7 1-Pot Meals
Recipe of the day
- This 1 Simple Trick Will Take Your Cheese Plate to the Next Level
- 11 Easy Sandwiches That Are So Good They'll Make You Want to Start Packing Your Lunch Again
- If You’re Not Topping Your Toast Like This, Then You’re Doing Breakfast All Wrong
- 11 Quick and Cheap Dinner Recipes
- Easy One-Pot Meals That Are Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
As the season begins to change and we find chilly fall temperatures fully upon us, we start to crave homey, hearty dishes — think stews, braises, and casseroles. But we aren’t all whizzes in the kitchen, and we don’t all have the time to follow a five-part recipe. Enter the one-pot meal.
The execution of a one-pot meal couldn’t be simpler. All you need is one pot, pan, skillet, or slow cooker to make easy and comforting dishes. What you can cook in just one vessel runs the gamut from breakfast frittatas to enchiladas, and it’s great for all occasions. You could make a sexy stew for date night, a chicken casserole for family dinner, or a baked ziti for a potluck with friends.
One-pot meals are also stress-reducers: just throw all of your ingredients into your pot, and let the oven or stove do the work for you. When the timer’s done, you’ll have a flavorful and substantial meal with minimal effort required. You can serve the meal right away, or as a time-saving tip you can also choose to make it ahead the morning of or the day before and warm it up in the oven before serving. The added bonus? Cleanup is as effortless as the recipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts