Warming Soup Meal Menu
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Soups are a wonderful menu item when entertaining, as you can make them in advance and have them warming on the stove when your guests arrive. When creating a menu of your own, we recommend choosing one salad, two soups, and a dessert...and a hearty loaf of bread, too.
From Peanut Butter and Julie
A hearty salad with crunch, and a sweet-salty flavor, thanks to candied almonds and salty pecorino.
From 5 Second Rule
From Smitten Kitchen
A creamy black bean soup with a cool and creamy cumin-flavored garnish.
From Last Night’s Dinner
A hearty lentil soup with potato and swiss chard. Choose French green lentils, which are smaller and don’t turn too mushy.
From My Tartelette
Roasting the vegetables deepens their flavor, while adding a hint of sweetness.
This Tuscan dish, also known as Pappa al Pomodoro, was one way Italians would use up stale bread.
From Dana Treat
This cake has a hint of deep spiciness from the molasses, and sweetness from the bourbon glaze. Perfect when served with berries and unsweetened whipped cream.
From Baking Bites
These fudgy brownies have a dark chocolate base, studded with milk chocolate chunks.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts