Walking to Make Beer in Portland
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
The first event is a hike through Forest Park and will take place on June 12 at 6 p.m. Forest Park Conservancy and four brewers from Breakside, Coalition, Hopworks and Gigantic in Forest Park will take guest on a guided tour of the park. During the hike guests learn about the types of plants Beers Made By Walking is using in their latest brews. Tickets are available at Belmont Station for $10.
On June 13, beer lovers can drink with Beers Made by Walking at Belmont Station. Brewers from Breakside, Coalition, Hopworks and Gigantic used ingredients identified on the trail from the hike on June 12 to create several different beers. Beers available include a Spruce infused Zwickelbier from Breakside, a Huckleberry and Wild Ginger Saison from Coalition, a Sour mash Flanders-style with Salmonberry and Vanilla Leaf from Hopworks and a Cask Dark Meddle Vienna Lager with Wild Ginger from Gigantic.
For more information about Beers Made By Walking and a full list of the cities walks are available in please visit their official website.
To learn more about PDX Beer week visit the website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts