- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Walking to Make Beer in Portland
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The first event is a hike through Forest Park and will take place on June 12 at 6 p.m. Forest Park Conservancy and four brewers from Breakside, Coalition, Hopworks and Gigantic in Forest Park will take guest on a guided tour of the park. During the hike guests learn about the types of plants Beers Made By Walking is using in their latest brews. Tickets are available at Belmont Station for $10.
On June 13, beer lovers can drink with Beers Made by Walking at Belmont Station. Brewers from Breakside, Coalition, Hopworks and Gigantic used ingredients identified on the trail from the hike on June 12 to create several different beers. Beers available include a Spruce infused Zwickelbier from Breakside, a Huckleberry and Wild Ginger Saison from Coalition, a Sour mash Flanders-style with Salmonberry and Vanilla Leaf from Hopworks and a Cask Dark Meddle Vienna Lager with Wild Ginger from Gigantic.
For more information about Beers Made By Walking and a full list of the cities walks are available in please visit their official website.
To learn more about PDX Beer week visit the website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts