Vegetarian-Friendly Fourth of July Recipes
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
When we think of barbecuing, we think of burgers, dogs, and ribs. Meat is typically the center of any grilling get together. And with Fourth of July coming up, everyone is planning an Independence Day barbecue.
Vegetables often take the second spot during the Fourth of July, featuring as flavorful side dishes or burger toppings. But often, they are overlooked as a main course. Whether you’re a practicing vegetarian or just want to shake your menu, we’ve got you covered. These recipes are exciting and delicious. We guarantee that you won’t even miss the meat.
Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob is perfect for grilling. Chili powder with a light lime and mayo sauce give this corn a South of the Border twist.
Black Bean Burger
Skip the prepackaged, frozen garden burgers and try this one instead. Black beans pack some protein and sweet potatoes add an unexpected twist.
Mini Portabella Burgers
Mushrooms are another delicious meat substitute for your grill. These cute little sliders are perfect as an appetizer.
Grilled Vegetable Salad
This Fourth of July, try to incorporate your grill into as many dishes as possible. This salad has fresh and grilled veggies, along with hard boiled eggs for added protein.
We all love fries, but this recipe gives a little twist. Eggplant is baked to crispy perfection in the oven and is perfect for dipping.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts