City Girl Chicago
Enlarge Image +
Credit: @ City Girl Chicago
Hi, I’m Cara. Born and bred in Chicago, I live, breathe, and eat Chicago. Any time I’m not scoping out a new or different Chicago restaurant, I can be found exploring the culinary world in other ways. Be it absorbing information from world-class chefs, attending cooking classes, farm-to-table events, or test-running a recipe in my kitchen, I blog about it all at City Girl Chicago (www.citygirlchicago.com).
- Likes: farm-to-table dining, sustainable ingredients, learning how to pronounce various wines and foods, and so much more.
- Dislikes: I don’t talk about my dislikes, it’s unbecoming
- All Time Favorite Restaurants: People always ask me this and I always say “it depends.” I have a different favorite for every occasion and craving. That’s why this survey is fun; it gives a “taste” of a variety of favorites.
- Foods I cannot live without: Fresh fruit, fresh seafood, fresh anything.
- Best Meal Ever: I have a handful of memorable meals, it’s hard to choose a favorite. I’d probably have to say fresh crab with butter in San Francisco, because it was the freshest crab I’d ever tasted, and I was the hungriest I’ve ever been. It just hit the spot in every way. But I’ve also had incredible meals right here in Chicago – gnocchi that just melts in your mouth at Spiaggia, and skate wing that just slipped off the bone at Avec. My mouth. is. watering.
Cara, also known as City Girl Chicago, has been born and bred in Chicago. She lives, breathes, and eats Chicago. Any time she's not scoping out a new or different Chicago restaurant, she can be found exploring the culinary world in other ways. Be it...
No recipes posted by this user.