Enlarge Image +
Credit: @ Chitra
Chitra writes the food blog, The ABCD’s of Cooking, which chronicles her adventures cooking American Born Confused Desi recipes and hosts an online cooking show and a supper club featuring Indian-inspired cuisine. She also teaches cooking classes from her tiny kitchen and sells Indian street foods (sometimes yummy Indian tacos!) at events and artisanal markets in Brooklyn.
- Likes: making bread with my father, visiting food markets, tiffin carriers, eating outside, potlucks, my CSA
- Dislikes: tea or coffee that is not burning hot, raw broccoli, orange and chocolate together
- All Time Favorite Restaurants: Amma (NY), Kapoor's (Delhi), Moghul (NJ), El Compadre (LA), Paru's (LA), Cafe Gitane (NY), Coppola's (NJ), Saravanaa Bhavan (NY), Pakwan (SF), Juan's Place (Berkeley)
- Foods I cannot live without: sambar, homemade yogurt, mango, pizza, hot sauce, chaat
- Best Meal Ever: A meal I had with my family in Dehradun - puri, pumpkin curry, shahi paneer, aloo gobi, boondi raita and mango pickle
Lower Manhattan is home to some of the most popular Indian/Pakistani cabbie hangouts. These eateries function as a hub for cab drivers where they can network, socialize, and just hang out. They all serve good, cheap fast food late into the night, but each...
No recipes posted by this user.