'United States of Bacon' Coming to Destination America
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Bacon. It’s everywhere. And soon it will be featured even more on TV, on a new show called United States of Bacon, which will make its premiere on Destination America Dec. 30.
You might remember the host, Todd Fisher, from his previous gig as host of United States of Food, also on the network (which is owned by Discovery). He’s a California chef, and will be traveling the country in order to seek out the craziest, baconiest, food imaginable. "In the first episode," according to the Huffington Post, "Fisher samples a chunky peanut butter bacon cheeseburger, checks out a daily bacon happy hour, eats a garbage platter with five kinds of meat, and then has some bacon-wrapped meatloaf and bacon Cheddar apple pie." And so on (we already know that there are some ridiculous bacon products out there). The show will air at 10 p.m., presumably because food porn of this caliber might not be suitable for younger viewers.
Bacon: the one food that will never go out of style.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts