'United States of Bacon' Coming to Destination America
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Bacon. It’s everywhere. And soon it will be featured even more on TV, on a new show called United States of Bacon, which will make its premiere on Destination America Dec. 30.
You might remember the host, Todd Fisher, from his previous gig as host of United States of Food, also on the network (which is owned by Discovery). He’s a California chef, and will be traveling the country in order to seek out the craziest, baconiest, food imaginable. "In the first episode," according to the Huffington Post, "Fisher samples a chunky peanut butter bacon cheeseburger, checks out a daily bacon happy hour, eats a garbage platter with five kinds of meat, and then has some bacon-wrapped meatloaf and bacon Cheddar apple pie." And so on (we already know that there are some ridiculous bacon products out there). The show will air at 10 p.m., presumably because food porn of this caliber might not be suitable for younger viewers.
Bacon: the one food that will never go out of style.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts