- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Best Under-$50 Wine Gifts for the Holidays
Recipe of the day
- World Sampler of Sauvignon Blancs
- Texas Wine Gets Short Shrift from a High-Profile New Wine Book
- High Rate of Cancer in Children in Bordeaux Wine Region Raises Concerns About Vineyards’ Pesticide Use
- Sonoma County’s Dry Creek Valley, Tons More than Zinfandel
- Hilarious Bottle of Wine Tells Teachers, ‘Our Child Might Be the Reason You Drink, So Enjoy This Bottle on Us’
Last week I wrote about gifts for your high-end wine lovers. I realize that $100 a bottle sounds like a heck of a lot of money, so today I’m taking a look at wines that, while still relatively pricey at $25 to $50 a bottle, deliver serious bang for their buck.
These are wines you can feel comfortable gifting to just about anyone. Your boss, your wine-loving friends, and your loved ones. The truth is, there are plenty of mighty fine wines out there for less than $50 a bottle, it just takes more effort to sift through all of them to find the real gems.
I did some sifting for you, and here are my gems for 2012!
— Gregory Del Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts