- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Umami Burger to Open Location in Miami, Up to 6 in New York
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Why, Wylie?’ Wylie Dufresne Is Closing Alder at the End of the Summer
- Woman Told to Eat Outside or Leave for Bringing Her Service Dog Into a Restaurant
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
Looks like Miami might beat New York in the race to to get it's own Umami Burger, although New York might win in terms of quantity.
Eater reported Monday that the California burger chain has announced a location for an Umami Burger in Miami's South Beach, expected to open spring 2013.
The Miami outpost, located at 1080 Alton Rd. in Miami Beach, will have the classic burger menu along with a South Beach-inspired option.
"Umami SOBE is expected to open before the recently announced Umami Sixth Avenue in New York," the press release said. The New York location was slated for March 2013, so we presume the opening will be delayed.
In better news for New York, a recent Craigslist post notes that Umami Burger is hoping to open an additional six New York locations by 2014, Grub Street reports. "Umami Restaurant Group expects that it will open at least two to three Umami Burger NYC locations in 2013 and two to three additional stores in 2014," the posting says. The chain is looking for a director of East Coast operations, so any lookers can head over to Craigslist for the full ad.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts