- Moldy Cheese Day
Umami Burger to Open Location in Miami, Up to 6 in New York
Recipe of the day
- Dumpling Restaurant Sues Copycat Rival for Stealing Dozens of Recipes
- This Gourmet Japanese Restaurant Only Serves Canned Food
- Lady Gaga’s Former Personal Chef Opened a Restaurant in New York City
- This is the Best Way to Send Back Food in a Restaurant
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
Looks like Miami might beat New York in the race to to get it's own Umami Burger, although New York might win in terms of quantity.
Eater reported Monday that the California burger chain has announced a location for an Umami Burger in Miami's South Beach, expected to open spring 2013.
The Miami outpost, located at 1080 Alton Rd. in Miami Beach, will have the classic burger menu along with a South Beach-inspired option.
"Umami SOBE is expected to open before the recently announced Umami Sixth Avenue in New York," the press release said. The New York location was slated for March 2013, so we presume the opening will be delayed.
In better news for New York, a recent Craigslist post notes that Umami Burger is hoping to open an additional six New York locations by 2014, Grub Street reports. "Umami Restaurant Group expects that it will open at least two to three Umami Burger NYC locations in 2013 and two to three additional stores in 2014," the posting says. The chain is looking for a director of East Coast operations, so any lookers can head over to Craigslist for the full ad.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts