Umami Burger Picks New York Location, Plans More
Recipe of the day
- Afghanistan’s New President Declares His Love for Katz’s Deli
- Chef Warren Baird to Host Birthday Dinner in Honor of Thomas Jefferson, ‘Unsung Hero of American Cuisine’
- A Beginner’s Guide to Indian Restaurant Menus
- Owner of Korean Restaurant in Queens, New York, Ordered to Pay $2.7 Million in Back Wages
- Jose Garces Opens New Fish Taqueria in Philadelphia
The elusive Umami Burger New York has finally announced a location — they will be bringing their meaty goodness to Sixth Avenue and 10th Street in March 2013.
This will be the first of hopefully many Umami Burgers in the city (the restaurant group plans to announce more locations in the upcoming weeks), potentially rivaling Danny Meyer's Shake Shack as the city's version of In-N-Out. According to a press release, the Sixth Avenue location will have a full bar, a reserverd area for private events, and a "curated selection of Umami Burger's 'greatest hits' burgers and other signature Umami Burger items."
"For years, New Yorkers have been asking us to open in New York," Umami founder and CEO Adam Fleischman said in a press release. "In a few months, New Yorkers won’t have to get on a plane to satisfy their Umami cravings."
The restaurant will be opening at 432 Avenue of the Americas, the former space of Japanese restaurant Amber. No word on whether we'll get a special New York burger, but we can only hope.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts