Umami Burger Picks New York Location, Plans More
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
The elusive Umami Burger New York has finally announced a location — they will be bringing their meaty goodness to Sixth Avenue and 10th Street in March 2013.
This will be the first of hopefully many Umami Burgers in the city (the restaurant group plans to announce more locations in the upcoming weeks), potentially rivaling Danny Meyer's Shake Shack as the city's version of In-N-Out. According to a press release, the Sixth Avenue location will have a full bar, a reserverd area for private events, and a "curated selection of Umami Burger's 'greatest hits' burgers and other signature Umami Burger items."
"For years, New Yorkers have been asking us to open in New York," Umami founder and CEO Adam Fleischman said in a press release. "In a few months, New Yorkers won’t have to get on a plane to satisfy their Umami cravings."
The restaurant will be opening at 432 Avenue of the Americas, the former space of Japanese restaurant Amber. No word on whether we'll get a special New York burger, but we can only hope.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts